Scribe respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This privacy notice tells you the types of information we collect about you when you visit our site (scribenote.io) and use our products and services, or which we otherwise obtain directly from you or from a third party, how we use that information. This privacy notice may change from time to time.
Our site, products and services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
What We Collect
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier and title.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your profession, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our site, products and services.
- Content Data includes any content which you upload onto the app such as notes and other text or images that contain personal data.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How We Use Information About You
First and foremost, we use the data to provide the services of the Scribe app.
- Your Identity and Profile Data is used to allow you to securely access your Scribe account, and to offer personalisation within the app.
- Your Content Data is used to provide the basic functionality of the Scribe app, allowing you to create, organise and store notes within the Scribe ecosystem.
We never view your Profile or Content Data. We believe that information is private, and we have policies and processes to ensure that no human ever views this data.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Site feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
This Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
If you at any point wish to have your personal data removed from our databases and other collections, you can opt to delete your Scribe account.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can access and change certain information by opening the app, and using the user preferences panel to update your account details. We do not store a history of your account preferences/details.
Deleting Your Account
You may delete your account information at any time from the user preferences panel of the app. When you delete your account, your profile data will be deleted/destroyed. We may retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
The types of cookies we use on our sites are:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. We use Strictly Necessary Cookies to operate our site. These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the site, use its features and to log into secure areas of the site.
- Functionality Cookies We use Functionality Cookies to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences and various settings on our site.
If you have any questions about how Scribe handles your data, please send us a message via our contact page.